The Relationship of Emotional Intelligence with Student’s Biology Learning Outcomes in SMPN 5 Banjarbaru During The Covid-19 Pandemic

  • Minarti Minarti SMPN 5 Banjarbaru
  • Siti Ramdiah STKIP PGRI Banjarmasin
  • Rabiatul Adawiyah STKIP PGRI Banjarmasin
Keywords: Emotional Intelligence, Biology Learning Outcomes, Covid-19 Pandemic

Abstract

Biology learning activities are mostly carried out in practicum, so that students can understand correctly the concepts presented. This is different when the COVID-19 pandemic sweeps across the world without preparing Indonesia. This condition has an impact on all aspects of life, including the teaching and learning process of biology. The low learning outcomes carried out during the COVID-19 pandemic are thought to be because students tend to be easily discouraged and lazy to understand the concepts applied in learning boldly. This study aims to determine the relationship between emotional intelligence and student biology learning outcomes at SMP Negeri 5 Banjarbaru, during the COVID-19 Pandemic. This quantitative research uses a non-probability technique, namely a saturated sample or often called total sampling. The research sample was 8th grade students of SMP Negeri 5 Banjarbaru, totalling 30 students. The data collection used in this research is using a personal questionnaire. Simple regression analysis was performed using SPSS 20.0. The results of this study indicate that there is a positive relationship between emotional intelligence and learning outcomes of biology students at SMP Negeri 5 Banjarbaru, as evidenced by the regression results Y = 48.724 + 0.655 X which is positive in the constant results. The results of the t-test for the emotional intelligence variable (X) which has, 13.047 > 2.052 with a significant 0.000 <0.05, then H0 is rejected, so it can be interpreted that la sis can be interpreted as being in SMP Negeri 5 Banjarbaru. The effect of independent variables on variables indicated by the coefficient of determination (Rsquare) is 0.699 or 69.9%. So, it can be concluded that the fluctuation of the affected variable (Y) is influenced by the independent variable (X) of 69.9%, while the remaining 30.1% is influenced by other variables outside this study

Published
2022-08-30
How to Cite
Minarti, M., Ramdiah, S., & Adawiyah, R. (2022). The Relationship of Emotional Intelligence with Student’s Biology Learning Outcomes in SMPN 5 Banjarbaru During The Covid-19 Pandemic. Lentera: Jurnal Ilmiah Kependidikan -- Edisi Khusus ISETA, 66-72. https://doi.org/10.33654/iseta.v1i0.1847
Abstract viewed = 100 times
PDF downloaded = 98 times